The social doctrine of the Church in everyday life!
- To enlighten the minds and hearts of Christians using the Church’s social doctrine, in order to unify the life of faith and participation in social, economic and public life
- To proclaim the Gospel through the Church’s social doctrine (Pope Benedict XVI’s Encyclical Caritas in Veritate)
- The Zacchaeus Courses is a course which unifies faith and action – regular meetings over 1 year with teachings and sharing groups
- The Zacchaeus Workshops: which address the social doctrine of the Church during the summer sessions at Paray-le-Monial at afternoon workshops
- The Zacchaeus Forum: (previously The Forum for Active, Social and Cultural life) has been organized for the past 20 years by the Emmanuel Community at Paray-le-Monial. Between 500 and 600 people each year come to discuss and reflect on social issues and the Church’s social doctrine
- The Zacchaeus ‘Observation Post’: to develop partnerships with other activities promoting or putting into practice the Church’s social doctrine, to promote the sharing of good practice by companies or associations at a local level.
In 2005, Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger exhorted the faithful gathered at Paray-le-Monial to seek a ‘Christian lifestyle’. Zacchaeus is a response to this challenge. It is based on the social teaching of the Church’s Magisterium, particularly the Compendium of the Social Doctrine published in 2004.
- More than 50 Zacchaeus courses are currently underway in France and approximately 15 elsewhere, with more than 1,500 participants each year.
- Zacchaeus is an Emmanuel Community activity, which promotes the Social Doctrine of the Church through courses each year, through workshops during the sessions at Paray -le- Monial, and the annual Forum and ‘Observation Post’.
For more information: see the website www.zachee.com